"Rats and roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand; it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice and mercy." - Wendell Berry
If you'd like to get an email from me when I post new editorials, send me an email with your name and email address and I'll add you to the list. Your information will not be sold, traded or given to anyone else, and I won't bother you unless I post a full editorial piece.
Thanks again for the encouragement and support.
And if your brother becomes poor , and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall maintain him; as a stranger and a sojourner he shall live with you. Take no interest from him or increase, but fear your God ; that your brother may live beside you. You shall not lend him your money at interest , nor give him your food for profit . I am the Lord your God, who brought you forth out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan , and to be your God. ( Leviticus 25:35-38)
Okay, I admit it. I’ve been pretty lax at posting anything here. The fact is that I’m so stressed out about the election that I’m trying to forget it as much as possible. Every day there’s news of voter manipulation, continuing chaos in Iraq, lying administrations and still, STILL, a 50% approval rating for the president.
Bush supporters are extremely misinformed, according to a survey published last week by the Program on International Policy Attitudes and Knowledge Networks .
You can read about it here .
What’s most striking (and disturbing) about the report is that it finds that Bush supporters continue to believe things about the Bush administration that have been repeatedly proven untrue.
Several theories have been presented to explain this.
Al Franken calls it Cognitive Dissonance, asserting that people want to vote for Bush so they reject the truth to better sleep at night.
Joe Conason says that after 9/11, Americans needed a hero, and George W. was that her...
Comments